Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Threads

I feel like I'm picking up the threads of my life and beginning again. Maybe this blog is helping me find a pattern. I want to stick to my original purpose. It is a part of my creative process to move within a structure.

It seems I prefer to post about twice a week. So, today I'm making a commitment to myself to do that. It's just a loose commitment, just a pattern to keep me going. (I think of this fabric I'm weaving as gauze-like, floating on the breeze.) I've used writing in that way in my life before. I've gone through periods of time where I've written stories. I like to collect stories that inspire me, too. I try to commit them to memory so I can retell them, though I'm not very good at it. They are my souvenirs of life.

I've written quite a lot of poetry, probably enough to fill a comfortable sized volume. Sometimes I think of compiling it. Would it be simply for my own self expression?

No comments:

Post a Comment